Being a mom is a tough job.......but I couldn't imagine life without the kids.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Now What?!

They pulled out of the driveway at 7:20 am, their little faces pressed against the windows as the truck rounded the bend out of sight.  My babies are camping...without me.

So, now what?  I went to work, had dinner with friends, came home to a quiet house, did a load of laundry, emptied the dishwasher and collected the garbage and recycling.  It's too quiet around here.  The hands on the clock aren't moving, I think the batteries are dead...

Is it Friday yet?

I am sure their father has it all under control, at least he better.  I'm sure they'll/I'll be fine, I'm almost positive I'll make it four nights without my little ones.  I should have recorded some arguments, whining and pounding feet noises to keep my company.  What was I thinking?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Dear! What on earth are you going to do with yourself this week?! I recall a few weeks ago when I had a record 12 hours alone on a Friday night, I kind of feel as though I had fallen through a rabbit hole to some alterate universe, because everything is still there and looks the same but nothing feels or sounds the same...

    If you really need a little dose of insanity, come out some evening and visit the kidlets and myself. Just a warning, soccer is Wed. :)

    And yes, I'm an sure that Don has everything under control, and if he needs help, your eldest would make excellent "back-up"! I'm sure you'll hear all about it when they come back. Let's hope for some dry weather and nights wherever they are.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You'd definitely understand where I am at right now. Thankfully it is a busy week...I might need to steal your kidlets from you.

      Delete