Being a mom is a tough job.......but I couldn't imagine life without the kids.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Introducing...

On behalf of the youngest members in my family, I would like to formally introduce our newest additions. Mr. Bubbles is a delightfully active orange goldfish who is the pride and joy of my youngest. Mr. Bubbles had to be a male fish because my little guy did not feel he was, "up to the responsibility of raising baby goldfish." We also welcomed Violet, a tri-coloured Japanese fighting fish, known for her graceful fin movements.

We are now a family with four pets: Piper, our 6 year old black lab; what he lack in brains he makes up for in cuteness. Finnigan, our feline of questionable pedigree and age, as he was kitty-napped from neglectful owners before we provided him with his forever home. And now two fish. It feels complete and I purposely ignored the ohhing and awwing that came from my children as we passed the hamster cages at the local pet store.

So both fish are well established in their deluxe fish bowls and both children are contentedly reading as they gaze at their new pets. I'll keep you posted on how they (me) adjust to adding this responsibility to our (my) daily routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment